Thirty-five years since his death the words Elvis sang just might still have pertinent application in the current business environment. The time is NOW to bring about real change in your vision, your product and in your top level leadership. Or NEVER will be the norm and you’ll risk being trapped in the same quicksand from which you have worked tirelessly to emerge.
It’s exciting to get a sense that slowly but surely the business environment and general economy are showing signs of regaining health. What a relief and at the same time no one is yet saying that we’re ba-a-a-ck! To take full advantage of your progress in returning to the driver’s seat of your business there are two key elements of change that must work in concert to shift where you are to where you really want and need to be:
# 1 – Changes related to the nature of your business
- What has been the impact of the past 3 years on your industry?
- How have your customers been impacted by these changes?
- Are they willing and/or able to do business with your company?
- Have your customers shifted their need for your product? How?
- What are the changes you need to make that will …
- appeal to your existing or past customer base? Price? Function?
- allow you to attract new customers?
- To what degree has your product become limited or even obsolete?
- What adjustments do you need to make to the product?
- How will you change the approach you use in taking it to market?
- What new systems need to be put in place? Which no longer fit?
- What do you need to adjust in your past marketing strategy?
# 2 – Changes related to the leadership team
- What needs to happen within the leadership team to achieve alignment around the needed changes?
- What must happen to create synergy within the leadership team that will enhance the speed and level of success?
- What changes in overall leadership style are needed to make your success occur quickly and in a sustained fashion?
Arriving at where you are today is worthy of a strong pat on the back … better yet, a loud cheer. Undoubtedly a great start and one that many didn’t achieve! Can hearing and adhering to the words of Elvis’ “It’s Now or Never” be the added energy that will help complete the task and make the change you want a reality?
What do YOU think? What do you need to get started?